Monday, February 13, 2006

Erin

How Fast are You?!

I found this math website that is great for students who want to challenge themselves, and race against the clock. I have to admit that I didn't really like the game at first (I am too slow), it kind of reminds me of mad minutes. I changed my mind when I changed the settings. You can choose how many questions to answer and in how many minutes. This game is called speed grid challege. It is an addition challenge where you add ? +?= (a given #), all of the numbers are on a grid, there are 16 to choose from. The numbers are mostly two digit numbers added together, but they do switch it up. I think this website would be good for math in a grade 3-4 classroom. Students are going to be at different points in the classroom, this game can be used as a challenge for students, or a personal test for themselves. The part of this website that I like the most is the students can set their own level of difficulty. This way all students can feel sucessful on this site. I had fun playing it once I realized that I could set the game for me so I could win!

No comments: